Estimated reaction of current audience reading:
“What? I though Slytherins were all evil!” -Timmy T
“This blog post is click bait” -Jill J
“I’m hungry for a chocolate-covered banana.” -Katie K
Don’t worry, I promise you that not all Slytherins are evil, and that this blog post is not clickbait. (I can’t, however, promise you that I’m not hungry for a chocolate-covered banana.)
Today I’m going to prove to everyone reading that a couple bad apples shouldn’t make up an entire houses’s reputation, and that if you are a Slytherin, you are probably awesome!
BE AWARE OF SPOILERS!
Slytherins are loyal
There are lots of loyal Slytherins!
- Albus Potter: Always willing to help Scorpius, stays friends with him even though Rose and all the other kids in school frown upon it.
- Scorpius Malfoy: Kind to Albus, even though their fathers before them were rivals.
- Severus Snape: (Highlight to read, major spoilers) The best triple agent ever, ultimately sacrificing doing everything he could to help Dumbedore’s fight against Voldemort. He ended up following Dumbledore’s orders and killing Dumbledore, just so he could stay undercover and keep up his reputation as being He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named faithful follower.
- Horace Slughorn: All though he was at first reluctant to come back to Hogwarts, Professor Slughorn was always loyal to Dumbledore. (Highlight to read more, major spoilers) Even though he was scared, he offered up the memory of the Horcruxes to Harry so Dumbledore could continue the rebellion against He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.
- Regulus Black: He was always loyal to his family. (Highlight to read more, major spoilers). He knew that joining Voldemort was wrong, so he searched and searched until he found his Horcrux and even though he failed, did everything in his power to destroy it.
- Narcissa Malfoy: She lied to Voldemort just so she could save her son. And we can’t forget when she saved Harry Potter himself.
- Alastor Moody: It was never stated in the series or the movies what Hogwarts House Mad-Eye was in, but I personally think he would be best in Slytherin. He is ambitious, determined, paranoid, (“Constant Vigilance”) and one of my favorite characters. Do you think Moody is in Slytherin? Let me know down in the comments section.
They are many other loyal Slytherins out there, but these are the first few that came to mind from the books. I only stoped here because I didn’t want to lose all my storage on WordPress.
Slytherins go far
Have you ever met a unsuccseful Slytherin? Maybe, a couple, but not very many. (That is, unless, you happen to know Crabbe and Goyle.) All throughout the series, Slytherin’s ambtion puts them on the top.
First of all, according to Pottermore, Merlin, who was a Slytherin, was “the most famous and successful wizard of his time”. Merlin created the Order of Merlin, which advocated wizards helping Muggles and making laws to protect both Wizards and Muggles. See, not every Slytherin is obsessed with being a pure-blood.
Phineas Nigellus Black was also very ambitious. He was a teacher and then moved on to become a Headmaster at Hogwarts, a respected and powerful position.
Slytherins are determined
Life is hard. It is, however, a lot easier if you have tenaciouty and ambition to push through. (Once again, this doesn’t apply to Crabbe or Goyle.)
- Slytherins will go far for what they want, even if it means taking huge risks.
- Slytherins have a tough inner core and can’t be pushed around easily.
- They are strong leaders.
Slytherins are resourceful
Slytheirns are always prepared for whatever may happen. They are ‘shrewd’, which means to be sharp and quick on their feet. Can you think of a Slytheirn who was slow and dim-witted? Probably not. (Again, Crabbe and Goyle don’t count.)
Why you don’t want to be a Slytherin
I have one word and a dank meme.
Sorry Umbridge. Everybody hates you.
Still not convinced that its great to be in Slytherin? Here are some other great resources for you to check out.
- In Defense of Slytherin by Super Carlin Brothers
- Read This If You Are A Slytherin — Why Slytherin is the Best Hogwarts House by Little SlytherKitty
Thank you for reading this post! What’s your Hogwarts House? Let me know down in the comments section below. If you haven’t already, please follow and give this post a like.